PTA - Friends of High View
Friends of High View (PTA)
Spring Term News from Friends of High View
Thank you to everyone who filled in the survey on the PTA/ Friends of High View before Christmas (click HERE for summary of results). Everyone at the school is a member of Friends of High View, so your ideas and support are really appreciated to ensure we are supporting the events that you want.
What’s on this half term - and how you can help:
- Friday 2nd February - LOWER PHASE CAKE SALE
- Every half term, the parents & teachers of one Phase will organise a cake sale. The 2018 winners will be the ones who have raised the most money - but we’re also giving prizes for best baking efforts from our pupils (and teachers!). Game on!
- The first sale will be hosted by parents & teachers of Nursery, Reception & Year 1 on Friday 2nd February after school (3.15pm - 3.45pm).
- We need Lower Phase parents & carers to donate cakes and help on the stall. For more details, contact Early Years teachers Miss Simpson & Ms Dias.
- Friday 2nd February - PTA/ Friends of High View COFFEE AFTERNOON
- During the Lower Phase Cake Sale (and just after for those helping on the stall), we will open up the School House meeting space for free coffee, tea and juice to enjoy alongside your cakes!
- Come for a cuppa, meet other parents & help us decide what to do next (including plans for the KS2 playground, and the Summer Fete).
This term, your fundraising is supporting:
- The best-selling children’s author, Phil Earle, is coming to High View! Our children will enjoy his writing workshops as part of High View’s Storytelling Week (Monday 29th Jan)
- Special science workshops, led by the Royal Institution, for March’s STEM Week.
We are now working closely with the school to ensure FOHV funds will only be used on schemes and experiences that benefit the children of High View.
If you have ideas about how to spend the money, come to the coffee morning or email email@example.com.
All parents, carers and teachers at the school are automatically members of Friends of High View. This group was set up as a registered charity in September 2016, and is recognised by both the HMRC and the Charity Commission.
The focus of Friends of High View is to both increase better links between the parent/carer community, and also to raise money to support the school provide better resources and opportunities for all its children.
Some of the key events organised by Friends of High View are:
- International Evening, held each October, celebrating the cultural diversity represented in our school.
- The Winter Festival, held each December.
- The Summer Fete, held each June/July.
- Regular cake sales and pupil movie nights.
Friends of High View are always looking for enthusiastic members of the school community to contribute fresh fundraising ideas and to help out at the events.
Have you got a spare hour or two a month to help at an event? Or can you introduce the school to a local business or donor? Please use the following contacts to offer your support:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the 'Friends of High View Primary School' Facebook page to get all the latest news about the school community
- Ask the office to join the Friends of High View WhatsApp group, which gives updates on upcoming volunteering needs
FRIENDS OF HIGH VIEW COMMITTEE
- Zoe Stern - Chair & Trustee
- Dan Stern - Treasurer & Trustee
- Katie Medwell Bates - Trustee
- Nadia Abdalla - EAL Parent Engagement
Friends of High View Primary School
Registered Charity Number 1169196.