Spring Term 2018
OAK AND OLIVE CLASS
Welcome to Spring Term! We hope you had a restful winter break. We are now in our final full term in the lead up to SATs in May. We are looking forward to children working collaboratively and keeping their resilience to be the best they can be!
Click here for helpful advice with your child's Secondary Transfer for September 2018.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for tools and worksheets to help with learning at home.
Click here for 2017-18 Curriculum information for Year 6 Classes.
Homework will now be handed out on Fridays – this will consist of a grammar and punctuation task, maths skills, reading and spellings. Homework is due in on the following Thursday. It is fundamental it is completed by Thursdays as we will address any misconceptions in class and new homework can be organised for the following week.
PE remains to be taught by Coach Ben every Friday. It is important for children to have a full PE kit in order to participate in these activities.
There will be a focus on reading comprehension this term. Children have been given their reading books and reading records. We ask that children read daily with an adult and that the adult signs or comments in the reading records afterwards. Please ensure when you hear your child read, you ask them questions based on the pages they have read to help them gain a better understanding.
• Attendance and punctuality
In the lead up to SATs, it is very important that your child attends school every day. Our school target is to have above 96% attendance across the school. Each week, the class that has the highest attendance will get a reward. In addition, please make sure you are punctual for drop off and home time.
Year 6’s are allowed to walk home alone. Should you wish for your child to do so, please ensure you write a letter addressed to Mrs Roberts with written permission.
• Additional info for the term
Please note, there is a SATs Parent Workshop on Thursday 22nd March. This will be your opportunity to discuss the SATs preparations with our Year 6 teachers as well as help prepare your child for May.
• Class Trips – We will no longer be accepting cash or cheques for trips and payment will only be possible using our SIMS Agora online payment system. Your child has a unique payment number which you may have already used to set up online payments for school lunches and after school care. If you have not set up your account, please notify the school office and you will be provided with your child's unique number. If trips do not require payment, you will still need to go online to give permission for your child to attend.
• Uniform – Please adhere to the High View Uniform code. Monogrammed items (jumpers, cardigans and book bags) can be obtained online from www.mapac.com or telephone 01923 255 525. Other standard uniform items can be sourced locally.
• School dinners – If a child wishes to change from school dinners to packed lunch or vice versa, they may only do so at the beginning of each half term. Payment should be made online using SIMS Agora. Details can be obtained from the school office.
If any child has been advised by their GP or Health Care Professional to either, follow a special diet; or to avoid certain foods, please contact Edwards and Ward Special Diet and Allergen help line on the details below:
Edwards & Ward Ltd.
141 Milton Rd (behind Old Waterworks)
Weston Super Mare
Office Number: 01934 615616 email@example.com
Click on the buttons below to find tools and worksheets which will help you and your
child with learning at home: